Users can save and collaborate on video projects from the media server. The following explains how to access the server both on and off-Grounds.
In the Media Studio Editing Lab (207), or the Audio Studio (236), just click the globe icon shortcut on the bottom right corner of the dock and sign in with your E-ID username and password.
1. To map the drive on a Mac, in Finder go to Go → Connect to server.
2. Enter in smb://quartz.storage.virginia.edu/wilsonmediastudio and select the plus (+) symbol to save the address in favorites. Click Connect.
3. Sign in with your E-ID username and password and click Connect.
The server will show up on your desktop.
1. On your desktop, double click This PC. You can also use the search function if it's not on your desktop.
2. At the top of the window you will see File, Computer, and View. Select Computer → Map Network Drive.
3. Choose a letter for the drive and enter \\quartz.storage.virginia.edu\wilsonmediastudio.
4. Select Connect using different credentials and click Finish.
5. Sign in with your E-ID username and password, with the username in the form of “eservices\MST3K”. Click OK and the server will show up on your computer as the drive letter you chose (e.g. Z: drive).
To access the drive off-grounds, you will need to install the VPN and connect to UVA Anywhere.
If you have trouble installing the VPN, call the ITS Help Desk at 924-HELP (924-4357).
Once you have installed and connected to the VPN, follow the directions as if you were on Grounds.